For what is used (6-MAM) Heroin drug test strip
Rapid Heroin drug (MAM) Test Strip is an immune-chromato graphic assay for the qualitative determination of the presence of 6- Aoetylmorphine (MAM) at the cut off of 10 ng/ml. This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of the abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated.
What is 6-MAM
6-Monoacetylmorphine (6-MAM) or 6-acetylmorphine (6-AM) is one of three active metabolites of heroin (diacetylmorphine), the others being morphine and the much less active 3-monoacetylmorphine (3-MAM). 6-MAM is rapidly created from heroin in the body, and then is either metabolized into morphine or excreted in the urine. 6-MAM remains in the urine for no more than 24 hours. So a urine specimen must be collected soon after the last heroin use, but the presence of 6-MAM guarantees that heroin was in fact used as recently as within the last day. 6-MAM is naturally found in the brain, but in such small quantities, that detection of this compound in urine virtually guarantees that heroin has recently been consumed.
How does the PCP drug test work?
Rapid 6-Aoetylmorphine (MAM) Test Strip is a competitive immunoassay that is used to screen for the presence of 6-Aoetylmorphine (MAM) in the urine. It is a chromatographic absorbent device in which, drugs within a urine sample, competitively combined to a limited number of drug monoclonal antibody (mouse) conjugate binding sites.
When the test is activated, the urine is absorbed into each test strip by capillary action, mixes with the respective drug monoclonal antibody conjugate, and flows across a pre-coated membrane.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Heroin drug test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Forensic use only – This device is intended solely for use in employment and insurance testing and does not include test systems intended for Federal drug testing programs (e.g., programs run by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the Department of Transportation (DOT), and the U.S. military.
Heroin drug test strip procedure:
- Remove the Heroin drug test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the MAM drug test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.