For what is Oxycodone Drug Test used
Rapid Oxycodone (OXY) Drug Test Strip is an immune-chromatographic assay for the qualitative determination of the presence of Oxycodone (OXY) at the cut off of 100 ng/ml. This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of the abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated.
What is Oxycodone
Oxycodone is an analgesic, which works by depressing the central nervous system. Oxycodone is abused for its opiate-like effects. In addition to its equal potency to morphine in analgesic effects, it is also equipotent to
morphine in relieving abstinence symptoms from chronic opiate (heroin, morphine) use. For this reason, it is often used to alleviate or prevent the onset of opiate withdrawal by street users of heroin and methadone. The drug is most often administered orally. Like other opiates, Oxycodone can also depress the respiratory system resulting in suffocation and death when overdosed. Oxycodone is very addictive, both physically and psychologically. Some physical indications of Oxycodone abuse include extreme loss of appetite and weight, cramps, nausea, vomiting, excessive scratching and complaint of itching, excessive sweating, constipation, pin-point pupils and watery eyes, reduced vision, drowsiness, euphoria, trance-like states, excessive thirst, tremors, twitching, irritability, hallucinations, and lethargy.
How the Oxycodone Drug Test work
Rapid Oxycodone (OXY) Test Strip is a competitive immunoassay that is used to screen for the presence of Oxycodone (OXY) in the urine. It is a chromatographic absorbent device in which, drugs within a urine sample, competitively combined to a limited number of drug monoclonal antibody (mouse) conjugate binding sites.
When the test is activated, the urine is absorbed into each test strip by capillary action, mixes with the respective drug monoclonal antibody conjugate, and flows across a pre-coated membrane.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Oxycodone test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Oxycodone Test Strips
Oxycodone Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the the Oxycodone test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the Oxycodone test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.