For what is used PPX Propoxyphene Drug test strip
Rapid Propoxyphene Drug Test Strip is an immuno-chromatographic assay for the qualitative determination of the presence of Propoxyphene(PPX) at the cut off of 300 ng/ml. This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of an abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated.
What is Propoxyphene Drug
Propoxyphene is a prescription drug for the relief of pain. Overdose of propoxyphene can have symptoms including analgesia, stupor, respiratory depression, and coma. The half-life of propoxyphene is 8 to 24 hours. Propoxyphene reaches its peak in 1 to 2 hours after oral administration.
What is propoxyphene?
Propoxyphene is an opioid pain reliever used to treat mild to moderate pain. It is sold under various names as a single-ingredient product (e.g., Darvon) and as part of a combination product with acetaminophen (e.g., Darvocet).
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the PPX test procedure to verify proper test performance.
PPX Test Strip
PPX Test Strip Procedure:
- Remove the PPX test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the PPX test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.