For what to use MET Drug Test Strip
Rapid Methamphetamine (MET) Drug Test Strip is an immuno-chromatographic assay for the qualitative determination of the presence of Methamphetamine (MET) at the cut off of 1000 ng/ml. This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of the abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated. More info…
What is Methamphetamine
Methamphetamine is a potent sympathomimetic agent with therapeutic applications. Acute higher doses lead to enhanced stimulation of the central nervous system and induce euphoria, alertness, and a sense of increased energy and power. More acute responses produce anxiety, paranoia, psychotic behavior, and cardiac dysrhythmias. The pattern of psychosis which may appear at half-life of about 15 hours is excreted in urine as amphetamine and oxidized as deaminated and hydroxylated derivatives. However, 40% of methamphetamine is excreted unchanged.
Thus the presence of the parent compound in the urine indicates methamphetamine use.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the MET test procedure to verify proper test performance.
How it works
Rapid Methamphetamine (MET) Test Strip is a competitive immunoassay that is used to screen for the presence of
Methamphetamine (MET) in the urine. It is a chromatographic absorbent device in which, drugs within a urine sample, competitively combined to a limited number of drug monoclonal antibody (mouse) conjugate binding sites.
MET Test Strips
MET Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the MET test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the MET test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.