What are Barbiturate test strips?
One-step rapid Barbiturate test strips detect the presence of barbiturates in human urine. They’re 99% accurate, safe, and easy to use.
What are barbiturates?
Barbiturates belong to a class of drugs known as Central Nervous System Depressants. Doctors prescribe them for people suffering from insomnia, anxiety, and seizures.
These drugs come in several forms and have different detection times.
- Long-acting: up to 15 days
- Intermediate-acting: 7 days
- Short-acting: 3 days
Why test for barbiturates?
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) classifies barbiturates as Schedule III Drugs. They are less addictive than drugs under Schedules I and II. However, they have current medical uses in the US.
Why do some people abuse barbiturates?
Barbiturates help people sleep and relax. As such, doctors prescribe them to people who need more sleep and relaxation.
Additionally, people who are using stimulant drugs like amphetamine need them to relax or sleep.
The problem is, some people become so dependent on barbiturates. As a consequence, they get hooked, and later on, develop resistance to the drug. When this happens, they need to take more drugs. This is when overdose most likely occurs.
How To Use Barbiturates Drug Test
- First, remove the barbiturates drug test strip from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour
- Second, immerse the strip into the urine with the arrow pointing towards the urine
- Third, take the strip out after 15 seconds and lay the strip flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent surface.
- Finally, read the result in 5 minutes.