For what is Suboxone Drug Test used
Rapid Suboxone Drug Test – (BUP) Test Strip is an immune-chromatographic assay for the qualitative determination of the presence of Buprenorphine(BUP) at the cut off of 10 ng/ml. This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. Gas Chromatography/Mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of the abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated.
What is Buprenorphine
Buprenorphine is a potent analgesic often used in the treatment of opioid addiction. The drug is sold under the trade names Subutex™, Buprenex™, Temgesic™, and Suboxone™, which contain Buprenorphine HCl alone or in combination with Naloxone HCl. Therapeutically, Buprenorphine is used as a substitution treatment for opioid addicts. Substitution treatment is a form of medical care offered to opiate addicts (primarily heroin addicts) based on a similar or identical substance to the drug normally used. In substitution therapy, Buprenorphine is as effective as Methadone but demonstrates a lower level of physical dependence.
How the Suboxone Drug Test works
Rapid Buprenorphine(BUP) Test Strip is a competitive immunoassay that is used to screen for the presence of Buprenorphine(BUP) in the urine. It is chromatographic absorbent device in which, drugs within a urine sample, competitively combined to a limited number of drug monoclonal antibody (mouse) conjugate binding sites. When the test is activated, the urine is absorbed into each test strip by capillary action, mixes with the respective drug monoclonal antibody conjugate, and flows across a pre-coated membrane.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- External controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Suboxone test procedure to verify proper test performance.
Suboxone Drug Test Strips Procedure:
- Remove the Suboxone Drug Test test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best results, the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- Hold the Suboxone drug test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.