PPX drug test -Propoxyphene drug test
The PPX drug test is a part of the drug testing strips family of drug screening tools. These tools have become the prime screening tool used in almost all testing environments. This is mostly due to the ease of use present with the tools such as the propoxyphene urine drug test.
Key futures of PPX test are:
- They are low cost
- 99% accurate
- results are shown after 5 min
- Forensic use only
Propoxyphene is a Pain Reliever prescribed to people suffering from chronic pain. It was recalled in 2010 due to its potentially fatal side effects. Nowadays, it is still sold on the streets and in black markets. This drug is still tested as a part of nonregulated panel testing.
The PPX urine drug test
For quite some time now most cost efficient drug testing tools have been made using the urine drug testing method, This method allows for high accuracy as well as a cheap alternative to most other testing methods. Urine is also quite adept at storing drug traces, making it a good helper in drug testing.
Depending on how much propoxyphene you take in your urine will be able to find traces of it long after the effects have worn off. The PPX drug test is notably reliable in this respect as it is both easy to use by the average person but also easily readable by doctors and other medical professionals.
PPX false positive and side effects
Common side effects:
- muscle pain
- blurred vision
- skin rash
In order to avoid any possible PPX false positive results you should follow all of the instructions provided with the PPX drug test. If the instructions are not followed the propoxyphene drug test will show a false positive result. Leading to complications with your screening experience.
How do Propoxyphene test strips work
The PPX Rapid Test Strip (Urine) detects Propoxyphene through visual color change on the strip and then confirms the absence or presence of Propoxyphene.
The antibody-drug conjugates are deactivated on the test region of the membrane.
During the test, the collected urine specimen reacts with antibodies conjugated to colored particles and percolated on the sample pad.
Instructions for Propoxyphene urine drug test
Bring tests, specimens, buffer and/or controls to room temperature (15-30°C) before use, then just follow few simple steps.
- Open: Remove the PPX Drug Test Stripe from its sealed pouch, or remove one strip from the canister, and use it as soon as possible. For the best result, the assay should be performed within an hour.
- Dip: Hold the strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane. Dip the test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- Wait: After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface.
- Read: Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.